Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Busy Binder

 

I found this idea on "A Girl and a glue gun." When I saw that she had hole punched her file folder activities and put them into a binder, I thought it was brilliant. I have several file folders filled with lots of different activities. They usually sit in my cupboard untouched, because every time I get them out pieces go missing. I tried storing the extra pieces in ziplock baggies but those also seem to go missing. 

I went to Wal-Mart and got some clear plastic storage pouches for 25 cents and a 2 inch binder for 2 dollars. In the front of the binder I added a pouch with crayons and a spiral notebook for coloring. I then hole punched all my file folder game, and at the beginning of each game put a clear pouch to hold all the loose pieces. My daughter spent about an hour playing with this after I was done. This is a great idea for long travel in the car, quiet time, or church. Here are the two file folder books I used to create these activities.


Both of these are wonderful and carry a variety of skill levels. They feature colors, numbers, counting, matching and so much more. My favorite activity out of  the center games book is the fine motor dinosaurs, were you have to lace and match the dinosaurs.


          



2 comments:

  1. Those clear pouches are a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want to thank you for all your wonderful printables and creative ideas. Your blog is very inspiring. Will be following. God Bless. mrs. Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...