Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup





I haven't posted for a while. I have been so busy. Happy Halloween! We had a quite Sunday Halloween inside. I made some yummy pumpkin soup in my crock pot and for dessert we had rice crispy treats. My pumpkin soup recipe turned out so yummy I just had to share it. I had a blast making this soup. I got out my steamer and I steamed some fresh pumpkins we bought at our local pumpkin patch. I pureed it in my food processor and I have been making yummy recipes with it ever since. 

Ingredients
2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 cups vegetable stock
1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes in juice
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
2 cans (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
¼  teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt
1 cup heavy cream
½ Cup fresh chives, finely chopped

Directions
In a small pan heat oil. When oil is hot, add onion. Sauté onions 5 minutes. Add Tomatoes, sauted onions and black beans to your food processor and blend till smooth. To your crock pot add broth, tomato bean puree and pumpkin puree. Stir to combine ingredients. Stir in curry, cumin, cayenne and salt, to taste. Cook on low for 3-4 hours. Before serving add heavy cream, and chives. Mix well let sit for 10min, on low. Serve and Enjoy!
Tip: We like our soup smooth and creamy, but you can leave the black beans, onions and the diced tomatoes whole. Whatever you prefer. 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...